ContentGrow helps publishers assemble and manage teams of freelancers around the world. We connect our users to high-quality content pros who are likely to fit well with certain projects (in this case, game writers willing to cover the international beat). Every so often, we will post info about new freelance opportunities on this site. If this post interests you and matches your skillset, please fill out the form below.
Media on our platform are looking for freelance writers with relevant experience covering the video game industry worldwide. Writers need to possess native written fluency in English, be capable of playing games on either consoles or PC, and be able to turn stories around in a matter of days.
Writers who are able to demonstrate a track record in the latest game updates, gameplay reviews, and console news across various platforms (e.g. PC, PS4, mobile gaming, etc) will be prioritized. Ideally, applicants should also demonstrate understanding and awareness when it comes to game previews and reviews.
Maybe you have stories to pitch on the latest console launches. Perhaps you specialize in JRPG game updates. Maybe you know specific lesser-known games that deserve some spotlight.
Bylines in one or more of the following game-focused publications are highly desired:
- What to Play
Rates are fixed on a per published story basis.
If you haven’t worked inside of our platform before, here are the basics:
- ContentGrow allows you direct access and comms with the publishers.
- Publishers on ContentGrow pay freelance journalists in full, minus relevant taxes, commissions, and transfer fees.
- There’s no obligation to accept assignments.
- Before getting started, you will be briefly acquainted with our platform.
- Our clients are major media outlets that will make strong additions to your portfolio.
If you’re interested, please apply by creating a free ContentGrow portfolio below.